The GOLDEN research hub partner, the Leonardo Centre on Business for Society will launch on 16 June at 13.00 Uk.
Join us for the virtual event Reinventing Capitalism where speakers Mark Carney [United Nations], Lord Callanan, Lise Kingo [Sanofi], Dominic Waughray [World Economic Forum], Sanda Ojiambo [United Nations Global Compact] will kickstart the conversation on how we redefine the logic of business enterprise the world needs: imprl.biz/Leonardo
The Leonardo Centre on Business for Society works as a multi-faculty centre of excellence at the heart of Imperial College Business School and Imperial College London. Led by Maurizio Zollo and Livio Scalvini, Leonardo offers a collaborative platform for business, policy makers and civil society to co-create systemic change at scale.
We’ll be joined by global leaders and experts:
– Peter Bakker [WBCSD – World Business Council for Sustainable Development]
– Paul Hudson [Sanofi]
– Elena Bonfiglioli [Microsoft Europe]
– Mette Morsing [United Nations Global Compact]
– Sir Andrew Cahn [WWF & Huawei]
– Chuka Umunna [J.P. Morgan]
– Frédéric Samama [Amundi]
– Ed Daniels [Shell]
– Luq Niazi [IBM]
– Clarke Murphy [Russell Reynolds Associates]
– Sucheta Govil [Covestro]
– Keith Tuffley [Citi]
– Dr Renzo Tomellini [European Union]
Register to attend and find out more: imprl.biz/Leonardo
Journal: Resources, Conservation & Recycling
The focus of this Virtual Special Issue (VSI) was an outcome of the discussion at the global open virtual forum on “An Equitable, Inclusive, and Environmentally Sound Circular Economy” in May 2020, sponsored by the Systems of Sustainable Consumption and Production Knowledge Action Network (SSCP-KAN) of Future Earth, The Greening of Industry Network, International Forum on Sustainable Value Chains, SCORAI, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, and the National Science Foundation. In this VSI of Resources, Conservation and Recycling we aim to address this knowledge gap by calling for original contributions from scholars working in interdisciplinary fields who are explicitly studying how circular economy and climate change are interconnected. We welcome conceptual papers; review articles that provide a meta-analysis of the literature on circular economy and climate change; case studies highlighting the conflict between circular economy and climate change strategies in specific contexts; and other contributions.
For details please check HERE
The Leonardo Centre at Imperial College Business School, one of GOLDEN’s main research hubs, is looking for a Data Scientist.
Are you a data scientist who is looking for an opportunity to study and experiment with innovative models of business enterprise for the creation of economic and social value? The Leonardo Centre at Imperial College Business School is seeking an Advanced Research Fellow to join its collaborative platform for knowledge specialists, working with executives, entrepreneurs, investors, value chain partners, unions, government institutions, local communities and NGOs.
The collaborative platform includes a dataset of published corporate sustainability initiatives, to design and test the impact of change in the business enterprise. The overarching goal is to contribute to the development of an integrative, just and sustainable model of economic and social development by discovering, testing and diffusing new logics of the enterprise.
Duties and responsibilities
- Research design and grant writing
- Large scale dataset management, integration and analysis
- Modelling and history friendly simulations
- Data analysis and visualisation of the evolution of the phenomenon
- Reporting results in various formats and for different audiences
- Project development in collaboration with business and other institutions
Publishing research papers in leading academic journals, independently or in collaboration with a member of faculty.
- Completed PhD in scientific domains relevant to the study of corporate sustainability
- Strong quantitative analytical skills
- Diversity of methodological skills, spanning quantitative designs and analytical approaches, including simulations with systems dynamics and/or agent based modelling
- Capacity to work autonomously, with a proactive, developmental, mindset
- Cognitive flexibility to apply personal skills to diverse empirical phenomena
- Value alignment with the overall mission of the Leonardo Centre
The post is for a fixed term until 31 October 2023, with the possibility of renewal for an additional two years (subject to funding).
Find more information on how to apply here.
The Leonardo Centre at Imperial College Business School, one of GOLDEN’s main research hubs, is looking for a Research Fellow in Corporate Sustainability.
The Leonardo Centre is a new research centre dedicated to the study of, and the experimentation with, innovative models of business enterprise designed for the joint creation of economic and social value.
The Leonardo centre is looking to recruit a researcher, who has demonstrated a significant capability to produce high quality research in corporate sustainability. The scope of expertise can be broad with special interest in social, ethical, health impacts of different business phenomena such as governance, strategy, organisation, culture and leadership. It can cover a diversity of levels of analysis, ranging from individual psychology and behaviour to organizational and systemic levels.
The ideal candidate will be expected to undertake research within the broad research agenda and programs launched by the centre, eventually in collaboration with the senior scholars affiliated with Leonardo. In addition, the candidate will be expected to nurture a productive personal research agenda, drawing on the data assets and the cross-disciplinary capabilities available in the centre.
Duties and responsibilities:
Areas of primary responsibility will be:
• Research design and grant writing
• Engagement of business organizations and/or stakeholders in the public and private domains to pursue knowledge co-development and field experimentation
• Data collection through a broad array of (qualitative or quantitative) methodologies,
• Advanced data analysis and visualization techniques.
• Reporting of the results in various formats and for different audiences
• Publication in leading academic journals, independently or in collaboration with faculty.
• Completed PhD in scientific domains relevant to the study of corporate sustainability.
• Evidence of successful project completion and publication in top scholar journals
• Capacity to work in autonomy, with a proactive, developmental, mindset.
• Cognitive flexibility to apply personal skills to diverse empirical phenomena
• Engaged scholarship mindset, with a keen interest and capability to co-create knowledge in collaboration with business organizations and their stakeholders
• Value alignment with the overall mission of the centre.
• Participation in multi-disciplinary, large scale, collaborative studies, especially if involving non-academic partners (policy institutions, NGOs, businesses, etc.)
• Diversity of methodological skills, spanning qualitative and quantitative designs and analytical approaches, including simulations with systems dynamics and/or agent-based modelling.
This position is fixed for three years, eventually renewable for additional two years. Imperial College policies and UK regulations require a six-month probation period for these positions.
Closing date: 30 November 2020 (midnight GMT)
Find more information on how to apply here.
News from our Sister Network NBS:
Are you the Director of a Centre feeling the challenges of moving forward on the sustainability agenda? And is COVID-19 only adding to your challenges? If so, please join the Network for Business Sustainability Sustainability Centres Community Workshop on July 12-14, 2021, in Vienna, Austria.
This event brings together a powerful community of more than 170+ business school centres from across the world. The Workshop has been held every two years over the last decade — and just ask those who have previously attended to learn how much more progress they have made in their centre through their participation!
The 2021 Workshop will focus on increasing impact and building collective wisdom. In addition to a day of multi-sectoral engagement, two days will examine how to improve sustainability centre research, teaching, outreach, and strategy.
The event will be either hybrid, with both in-person and virtual participation, or entirely virtual. (We’ll make the final decision on format after the New Year, as COVID restrictions evolve.) Registering now, though, holds your spot for a limited enrolment event.
The Workshop is hosted by the Center for Sustainability Transformation and Responsibility (STaR) at the Vienna University of Economics and Business and the Institute for Business Ethics and Sustainable Strategy (IBES) at the FH Wien University of Applied Sciences for Management & Communication.
In his inaugural lecture at Imperial College London, Maurizio Zollo, the President of the GOLDEN for Impact Foundation laid out how business can evolve from being the cause to being the remedy of social maladies. With that he also described the core of the research agenda of the GOLDEN for Impact Foundation. See the whole video here.
Dear GOLDEN Friends,
We have exciting news from the GOLDEN Network for you. Thanks to the contributions of many of you, GOLDEN’s mission, its architecture and related activities significantly evolved in coherence with the great challenges we are facing.
Drawing on the experiences from working with you and our academic, business and institutional partners over the past years, we sharpened our vision and mission, and set up new structures to improve our ability to achieve our goals in enabling the transformation of business toward the joint creation of human and economic value.
New developments include:
- Ecosystem collaboration: providing an innovative platform to business, academia, social enterprises, impact finance and policy makers to co-learn, experiment and scale transformational change solutions;
- Dataset: exploration, exploitation and expansion of our unique digital dataset (>1 million expected by the end of March) with global coverage of sustainability initiatives, collected and analyzed by NLP and machine learning algorithms;
- Innovation solutions: including the new strands of start-ups and scale-ups covering the supply side of social and environmental innovation;
- Learning journeys: integrating individual, organizational and systemic learning pathways designed to foster and experience transformational change;
- Areas of expertise: framing areas of expertise to link our research agendas with organizational change priorities;
- Research opportunities: pursuing new large-scale knowledge co-creation programs funded by international, government and private institutions;
- Partnership models: forging a novel collaborative framework with business schools, industry associations, accelerators, consultancies, investors as well as local and global institutions to tailor, localize and scale impact.
We also shaped a new organizational framework to cooperate more efficiently with different target groups:
- The GOLDEN for Impact Foundation performs the research activities and hosts the network, GOLDEN’s databases, as well as the collective IP of GOLDEN.
- The GOLDEN4Impact Benefit Corporation will be the interface to perform activities in cooperation with the corporate world and international institutions.
In close collaboration with Bocconi University, the coordination of GOLDEN’s activities will transition to a new research centre currently being established at Imperial College in London directed by Maurizio Zollo.
The new structure needs to be developed together and each of us can have a key role in this new journey. We invite you to join either one of our four free webinars in which we would like to discuss the new GOLDEN for Impact opportunities with you:
WEBINAR on Cooperating within GOLDEN For Impact
Please choose one of the following dates:
February 13th, 09h00 – 10h00 CET
February 13th, 17h00 - 18h00 CET
February 27th, 09h00 – 10h00 CET
February 27th, 17h00 - 18h00 CET
We are looking forward to meeting to you at these events.
Your GOLDEN Team
Maurizio, Frank and Livio
Find us on LinkedIn
GOLDEN integrates a variety of skills and expertise. We are academic researchers across business-, social-, environmental- and neuro-sciences, innovation leaders, entrepreneurs, social impact experts, development experts, impact venture capitalists, consultants, human capital specialists, impact finance-
See more on our in progress who we are page.